The Music Museum of Nepal offers opportunities for individuals to volunteer with our museum. Volunteering with the museum can be done from our museum in Nepal, from outside our museum in Kathmandu, and some types of volunteer help can even be done from overseas through the internet. Volunteering with our museum can be fun and rewarding, and we offer a variety of ways people can help so people can find and chose something that will highlight their skill sets and also be something that they enjoy. Such volunteering can be a wonderful way to help preserve and protect Nepal’s endangered music and music cultural heritage. It also can be a great way to make new friends and learn about Nepal’s rich musical bounty.
Please consider becoming a Friend of the Music Museum of Nepal.
Volunteering opportunities and internships are available.
Some positions that are greatly appreciated either for short-term or long-term help are as follows.
- Writing text for displays, pamphlets, grants, proposals, on line publicity
- Audio and video recording
- Digitizing and archiving
- Music instrument care and repair
- Making contact with educational institutions from grade school level and above
- Doing musical workshops
- Assistance in our International Folk Music Film Festival
- Museum Display assistance
- Internet presence assistance
- Data base assistance
- Organizing of a concert(s)
- Helping find ways to publicize the Music Museum and its many activities and resources.
- Monetary donations are also always graciously appreciated and will be put to good use in our preservation and educational mission. We are a registered non-profit charity in Nepal.